LAST UPDATED: Oct. 24, 2012
Personal information we collect
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Company name
- Position title
How we use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests for user-requested content, such as to send you pricing information, white papers, and newsletters.
- to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our Terms of Services, policies and/or other administrative information.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Please note that your Personal Information is for our internal use only. It will not be sold to any third party for any purpose.
How Personal Information is disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- to WebEx to aid in the delivery of webinars only.
- by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public.
- by you, if you have provided a testimonial about a site and given us permission to post that testimonial on our site.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Please note that HubSpot and Google, including Google Analytics and the Display Network, collect separate information. You must refer to those companiesÕ policies in regards to how they collect and use your Personal Information.
Third party sites
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
Changing or suppressing your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use, on a going-forward basis, of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address so that we may identify you in the opt-out process. For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Use of site by minors
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by providing any Personal Information to us, you consent to the transfer of such Personal Information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules from your country of residence.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security number, driver's license number, credit card number (unless necessary to make a purchase), information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
Your California privacy rights
California has passed legislation requiring certain specific disclosures be made available to California residents who use the Internet and provide information that may be used for marketing purposes. That legislation requires any business that discloses a customer's Personal Information (as defined by the act) to any third party for direct marketing purposes to provide the customer a method for obtaining the names, addresses and certain other specified details of anyone who might have received that personal information. If you are a California resident you may request this information by writing to us at the address below. UrbanCode is not obligated to respond to more than one such request from you per calendar year.