UrbanCode Build Features
UrbanCode Build delivers Enterprise Continuous Integration and rapid feedback. Based on the AnthillPro platform, UrbanCode Build inherits a rich set of integrations to third party tools. UrbanCode Build's workflow engine is designed to run processes in parallel or sequentially across one or many machines, and support multiple teams with complex build scenarios.
- Distributed and multi-platform builds - Server-agent architecture coupled with workflows that supports parallel job processing allowing it to simultaneously manage numerous remote hosts with diverse platforms like Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, Mac, etc.
- Multi-language support for your code - Java, .NET, C/C++
- Use your existing build scripts - Maven, Make, MSBuild, NAnt, Ant, Visual Studio, etc.
- Preflight builds - Run a "test build" of changes in the build environment without committing the changes to source. Preflight builds integrate code changes on the developer's machine with a snapshot of the source code for the build.
- Triggers - Efficient event-based and repository triggers for Continuous Integration with one-time and recurring schedules.
- Static Analysis - UrbanCode Build provides integrations with tools that perform automated code checks for style, correctness or security concerns.
- Build Reports - Report information for a specific build and build trends over time. Details include change logs, closed issues, test results and more.
Dependency management and reuse
- Rich dependency management - Define inter-project dependency relationships using flexible criteria.
- Dependency-based build triggers - Pull or push builds based on dependency relationships.
- IDE plugins - Eclipse, Visual Studio and command-line clients integrate with the dependency management system.
- Dependency conflict detection - View dependency hierarchy report with conflicts automatically highlighted.
- Integrations with leading testing tools - Out-of-the-box integrations with tools such as QuickTest Pro, Selenium, the xUnit tools, as well as code coverage and test-lab management tools such as VMware Lab Manager.
- Test reports integrated with build and release portal - Reports from all testing tools pulled into and made available through the integrated build and release portal to provide a single location for the entire application quality profile.
- Test data warehouse - Integrated data warehouse stores all test data and makes it available for analysis, reporting and enforcement. Use test data to enforce quality gates before build sign-off or promotion.
- Traceability - All test runs are traceable to the exact version of artifacts being tested and to the exact version of tests being run. If tests are also traceable to requirements, then full traceability from source code to requirements is achieved.
UrbanCode Build Platform Features
UrbanCode Build's platform features are planned to give you the best scalable, reliable, flexible, plays-well-with-others, Continuous Integration tool on the market.
Workflow engine supports complex builds
UrbanCode Builds workflow engine is designed to support multiple teams with different components and different schedules.
- Graphical workflow designer - Go from sketch to implementation quickly
- Run processes in parallel or sequentially
- Run processes across one or many machines
- Notification schemes - UrbanCode Build comes with notification schemes for tasks that you can configure. In addition, you can easily create notification schemes to suit your automation workflows, test events, deployments and so on.
- Configurable notifications - Select and configure when, how, and to whom notifications are sent. Keep the team informed of events without generating spam.
Integrated artifact repository (CodeStation)
- Build artifact repository - Integrated repository stores artifacts for reuse and later lifecycle stages.
- Dependency management - Tracks third-party artifacts, internal libraries, and binaries from subprojects.
- Authentication - Enterprise ready, with integrations to LDAP (including Windows Active Directory), Single Sign-on, Kerberos, as well as custom authentication systems.
- Authorization - Role-based assignments can be mapped to LDAP roles. Fine grained customizable permission system.
- Traceability - Forward traceability of build artifacts through every stage of the lifecycle, including all deployments. Backward traceability of build artifacts to source code. Built-in artifact hashing and verification.
- Auditability - Every action within the system is logged, providing information of who performed what and when.