The File System (Versioned) plug-in automates importing artifacts with versions and maintaining the versioning structure.
This plug-in includes one step which has no input properties:
To access this plug-in in the palette, click Source and Repositories > File System Versioned.
This plug-in is supported to run on all operating systems supported by the IBM UrbanCode Deploy agent, except for z/OS.
This plug-in is installed when installing IBM UrbanCode Deploy. When new plug-in versions are available, follow the installation instructions to update the plug-in.
- Fixes APAR PI69494. Allows running application process when not copying artifacts to codestation.
- Support property file encryption.
- Add support for encrypted input and output properties.
- Fixes APAR PI57417. Plug-in now checks the agent settings for acceptance of self signed certificates.
- Fixed defect where older components configured with this plugin could not import new versions after upgrading to 184.108.40.206.
- Added include and exclude files when creating a version.
- Fixes running a process after creating a version.
- Initial Release of File System Versioned source configuration.
When using a versioned file system, each subdirectory in the target directory is treated as a different version of the artifacts. You can set the server to check for new subdirectories periodically and automatically create component versions when new subdirectories are detected.
Youll need to define an UrbanCode Deploy component which defines the source and processes for the FileSystem repository. The component contains the information for importing the artifacts and any processes to implement on the artifacts.
To create a File System (Versioned) source configuration type of component arrange the artifacts inside a parent folder and subfolders based on the file system layout.
myComponent/ version n/ files version n+1/ files
The following file structure shows a component with two versions and two files in each version.
The two component versions are 1.0 and 2.0.
myStaticWebContent/ 1.0/ index.html logo.gif 2.0/ index.html logo.gif
After the component is created use the Components page in the user interface to import a version of the artifacts if automatic import was not selected.
Create a component
To import artifacts with versions, create a directory with subdirectories that represent the versions of the artifacts. Then, create the component with the File System (Versioned) source configuration type.
To create a component, complete the following steps. For more information about creating a component, see
Creating components in the product documentation.
- In UrbanCode Deploy, click Components and then click Create Component.
- In the Create Component window, specify a name and description for the component.
- In the Teams fields, specify the access information for the new component.
- To use a template for the new component, select a template from the Template list. In this case, the component inherits source configuration, properties, and processes from the template.
- In the Source Config Type list, select File System(Versioned).
- Specify the properties for the component. See Settings for property descriptions.
- Click Save.
Import a version
When the artifacts are imported, a component version is created using the version of the package. You can specify to import a specific package version or import all versions. If importing all versions, a component version is created for each version.
- Click the Versions tab for the component.
- Click Import New Versions.
- Specify a specific version of the package to import, or leave blank to import the latest version of the package available in the repository. Additionally, enable Import All Versions to import all versions of a package.
- Click Save.
This step has no input properties.
The plug-in adds these roles automatically to resources. You cannot add these roles
|Base Path||String||The path to the directory that contains the artifacts. The
content of each subdirectory within the base directory is
considered a distinct component version. The subdirectory with the
most recent timestamp is considered to be the latest version.
|Exclude Files||String||A list of files to exclude in the version upload. Separate each file with a comma
or place on a separate line.
|Include Files||String||A list of files to include in the version upload. Separate each file with a comma
or newline character.The default setting is to uploads all files. You can use the
asterisk or double-asterisk as wildcards to expand the number of files to upload.
Specifying **/* uploads all files.
|Preserve Execute Permissions||Boolean||For Linux and UNIX operating systems, enable this property
to retain the execute permissions for each file.
|Text File Extensions||String||A list of file extensions to convert into another character set. Separate each fle
extension with a comma. Specify this property if you have text-type files that must
be converted into another character set. Matching file types
are converted into the default character set of the system where the agent is located.