The IBM Rational Asset Manager plug-in automates importing of artifacts from a RAM repository. For more information about IBM Rational Asset Manager, see the product documentation.
This plug-in includes one step which has no input properties:
To access this plug-in in the palette, click Source and Repositories > Rational Asset Manager.
This plug-in requires version 6.0 or later of IBM UrbanCode Deploy.
For UrbanCode Deploy 6.0, both the agent and the server must be installed on Microsoft Windows. For UrbanCode Deploy 6.0.1 or later, only the agent is required to be on a system running Microsoft Windows.
This plug-in is installed when installing IBM UrbanCode Deploy. When new plug-in versions are available, see Installing plug-ins in UrbanCode Products to update the plug-in.
- APAR PI89045: add support for setting isFinished flag flag when importing versions.
- Fixes APAR PI87707, a regression where the user who requested a manual version import was not being tracked.
- Fixes APAR PI99336. Version Pattern property will be set to a star (*) by default.
- Fixes APAR PI40551. Now uses working directory for temporary artifact storage.
- Support property file encryption.
- Fixes APAR PI61961, Adding compatibility for later versions of Rational Asset Manager.
- Fixes APAR PI57417. Plug-in now checks the agent settings for acceptance of self signed certificates.
- When an error occurs looking for files for a version, the import will fail and the version will be cleaned up in UrbanCode Deploy. Fixes APAR PI43548
- Release Rational Asset Manager connections after import
- Fixes running a process after creating a version
- Initial release of Rational Asset Manager source configuration plugin for UrbanCode Deploy
Youll need to define an UrbanCode Deploy component which defines the source and processes for the IBM Rational Asset Manager repository. The component contains the information for importing the artifacts and any processes to implement on the artifacts.
When creating the component, youll supply information described on the Import Version step. After the component is created, use the Components page in the user interface to import a version of the artifacts if automatic import is not selected.
To create a component, complete the following steps. For more information about creating a component, see
Creating components in the product documentation.
- In UrbanCode Deploy, click Components and then click Create Component.
- In the Create Component window, specify a name and description for the component.
- In the Teams fields, specify the access information for the new component.
- To use a template for the new component, select a template from the Template list. In this case, the component inherits source configuration, properties, and processes from the template.
- In the Source Config Type list, select Rational Asset Manager.
- Specify the properties for the component. See Settings for property descriptions.
- Click Save.
Import a version
When the artifacts are imported, a component version is created using the version of the package. You can specify to import a specific package version or import all versions. If importing all versions, a component version is created for each version.
- Click the Versions tab for the component.
- Click Import New Versions.
- Specify a specific version of the package to import, or leave blank to import the latest version of the package available in the repository. Additionally, enable Import All Versions to import all versions of a package.
- Click Save.
Creates a new component version and imports artifacts
This step has no input properties.
The plug-in adds these roles automatically to resources. You cannot add these roles
|Charset||String||The character set to convert files types listed in the Extensions of files to Convert
property. If this property is not specified, the default or system character set
of the system where the agent is located is used.
|Extensions of files to Convert||String||A list of file extensions to convert into another character set. Separate each file
extenstion with a comma. Specify this property if you have text-type files that must
be converted into another character set. Matching file types are converted into the
default character set of the system where the agent is located.
|Include Dependent||Boolean||Import related assets that the asset depends on.|
|Latest Build Count||String||The number of the search results to load. The default is to load only the most applicable
results. To load more than one version or state of the
asset, specify a number to load.
|Preserve Execute Permissions||Boolean||For Linux and UNIX operating systems, retain the execute permissions for each file.|
|Query||String||The query to use to select an asset to load. Use this field to specify an asset with
a complex query.
|Repository URL||String||The location of the Rational Asset Manager repository. To find
the repository URL, log on to Rational Asset Manager from a web browser. Click
Help > Extensions. The repository URL is displayed in the Repository location field.
|State||String||The state of the Rational Asset Manager asset to load as a
component source. States are defined in lifecycles in Rational Asset Manager.
Specify a value to limit the component to only assets with the specified state.
|Version Pattern||String||A regular expression that represents the version of the
Rational Asset Manager asset to load as a component source. If set,
only versions with names matching the regular expression are imported.
For example, (1\.[0-9]+).* matches versions such as 1.2 and 126.96.36.199A.
If the expression matches more than one version, all versions are imported,
up to the number in the Latest Build Count field.