With the Rational Integration Tester (RIT) plug-in you can automate invoking a test resource defined in a Rational Integration Tester test project. A test resource can be a test, test suite, or performance test.
This plugin includes one or more steps, click Steps for step details and properties.
This plug-in works with IBM Rational Integration Tester v8.5 or later.
The steps in this plug-in run on any agents that are supported by both the IBM UrbanCode Deploy and the Rational Test Control Panel Ant client, except for agents on z/OS.
This plug-in runs on all operating systems that are supported by both the IBM UrbanCode Deploy agent except for z/OS and the Rational Test Control Panel Ant client.
The Run RIT Test step must be ran on the same system that the Rational Integration Tester is installed.
No special steps are required for installation. See Installing plug-ins in UrbanCode Deploy.
Use the Rational Integration Tester plug-in to continuously initiate integration tests from IBM UrbanCode Deploy.
Before you begin
- Install the UrbanCode Deploy server. For more information, see the installing topics in the UrbanCode Deploy documentation.
- Install the Rational Integration Tester plug-in on the UrbanCode Deploy server. For details, see Installing plug-ins.
- Install the UrbanCode Deploy agent and connect it to the UrbanCode Deploy server. For additional information, see the UrbanCode Deploy documentation.
- Install Rational Integration Tester on the UrbanCode Deploy agent computer and apply a valid license. For additional information, see Installing IBM Rational Integration Tester.
About the task
As a tester, you might have a large number of integration tests to run against the latest builds of a software system. Instead of manually running the tests against every new build, you can install the latest build on an IBM UrbanCode Deploy Agent computer and let it automatically start the tests for you.
After deploying the Rational Integration Tester plug-in on the UrbanCode Deploy server, create the following elements:
- Component and its processes
- Applications and its processes
For information about how to create and configure UrbanCode Deploy elements, see UrbanCode Deploy documentation.
Example: Running integration tests
After deployment, the Rational Integration Tester plug-in is available at Rational Test Workbench > Rational Integration Tester > Run Integration Test on the UrbanCode Deploy server. The plug-in for Rational Integration Tester includes a single step: Run Integration Tests. The component process runs tests that are part of a Rational Integration Tester project previously stored on an UrbanCode Deploy agent.
To create a workflow, complete the following tasks:
- Click the component process for which the Run RIT Test step is to be added. The Tools view displays the available plug-in steps.
- From Rational Integration Tester, drag the Run RIT Test step into the design space.
- Specify the properties for the step. For property details, see the Steps page in this document.
- After configuring the properties, save the step.
To access this plugin in the palette, click IBM Rational Test Workbench > IBM Rational Integration Tester.
Use this step to run a test using IBM Rational Integration Tester.
|Disable Results Publishers||Boolean||When enabled, results publishers that can be configured in the project are disabled.||No||noResultsPublishers|
|Environment||String||The name of the environment.||Yes||environment|
|IBM Rational Integration Tester Installation Directory||String||The fully qualified path to IBM Rational Integration Tester installation directory.||Yes||installDir|
|Input Property File||String||The path to the input properties file.||No||inputPropertyFile|
|Project||String||The IBM Rational Integration Tester project name (.ghp), relative to the project directory||Yes||ritProject|
|Project Directory||String||The fully-qualified path of the IBM Rational Integration Tester project directory.||Yes||projectDir|
|Results Publishers||String||A list of results publishers. Separate each list item with a comma.||No||resultsPublishers|
|Results server logging||Enumeration||Specifies how the Results Server URL for executed items is written to the console. Valid values are absolute, ignore, and relative.||No||resultsServerLogging|
|Test Resources||String||A list of IBM Rational Integration Tester test resources. Specify each full path for each test resource. Separate each list item with a semi-colon.||Yes||testResources|