The Maven plug-in automates importing of artifacts from a Maven repository. To use the plug-in, create a component defining the repository connection information and artifacts to be imported.
This plug-in includes one step which has no input properties:
To access this plug-in in the palette, click Source and Repositories > Maven.
This plug-in requires version 6.0 or later of IBM UrbanCode Deploy.
For UrbanCode Deploy 6.0, both the agent and the server must be installed on Microsoft Windows. For UrbanCode Deploy 6.0.1 or later, only the agent is required to be on a system running Microsoft Windows.
This plug-in is installed when installing IBM UrbanCode Deploy. When new plug-in versions are available, see Installing plug-ins in UrbanCode Products to update the plug-in.
- Added optional snapshot version suffix field when importing snapshot versions.
- RFE 129953: Added optional description field when importing versions.
- APAR PI89045: add support for setting isFinished flag flag when importing versions.
- Fixes APAR PI87707, a regression where the user who requested a manual version import was not being tracked.
- Fixes APAR PI98904 Add version property baseVersion for resolving Maven snapshot versions with Maven Resolve.
- Fixes APAR PI93645. Import now includes existing versions in the latest version count.
- Fixes APAR PI83227. Import will succeed if a single import file extension is found.
- RFE 105396. Support for multiple file extensions.
- Fixes APAR PI40551. Now uses working directory for temporary artifact storage.
- Fixed APAR PI74785 plugin using wrong error logging methods.
- Fixed APAR PI72858 where version import incorrectly handles the max copy count.
- Support property file encryption.<./li>
- Fixed APAR PI73414 where version import reports success on failure
- Fixes APAR PI57417. Plug-in now checks the agent settings for acceptance of self signed certificates.
- Plugin step connections will now timeout after 5 minutes of no HTTP activiy.
- Fixes APAR PI53843 where the plugin could hang in EXECUTING state during version imports
- Adding properties to configure Maven to use a Proxy.
- Fixed APAR PI31992 where Maven would attempt to redownload archived versions.
- Fixes running a process after creating a version.
- Initial release of Maven source configuration plugin
Youll need to define an UrbanCode Deploy component which defines the source and processes for the Maven repository. The component contains the information for importing the artifacts and any processes to implement on the artifacts.
When creating the component, youll supply information described on the Import Version step. After the component is created, use the Components page in the user interface to import a version of the artifacts if automatic import is not selected.
To create a component, complete the following steps. For more information about creating a component, see
Creating components in the product documentation.
- In UrbanCode Deploy, click Components and then click Create Component.
- In the Create Component window, specify a name and description for the component.
- In the Teams fields, specify the access information for the new component.
- To use a template for the new component, select a template from the Template list. In this case, the component inherits source configuration, properties, and processes from the template.
- In the Source Config Type list, select Maven.
- Specify the properties for the component. See Steps for property descriptions.
- Click Save.
Import a version
When the artifacts are imported, a component version is created using the version of the package. You can specify to import a specific package version or import all versions. If importing all versions, a component version is created for each version.
- Click the Versions tab for the component.
- Click Import New Versions.
- Specify a specific version of the package to import, or leave blank to import the latest version of the package available in the repository. Additionally, enable Import All Versions to import all versions of a package.
- Click Save.
Creates a new component version and imports artifacts
This step has no input properties.
The plug-in adds these roles automatically to resources. You cannot add these roles
|Artifact ID||String||Name of the artifactID as defined in the Maven pom.xml
file. The artifact ID is the name of the unversioned jar file.
|Extensions of files to Convert||String||If text-type files must be converted into another character
set, type the list of file extensions to be converted. Matching file
types are converted into the default or system character set of the
system where the agent is located. Separate list items with commas.
|File Extensions||String||The file extension for the file type to import. Separate multiple extensions with
comma (,) character.
|Group ID||String||The name of the groupID as defined in the Maven pom.xml
file. The group ID identifies the project.
|HTTP Proxy Host||String||Optional HTTP proxy host.|
|HTTP Proxy Password||Password||Optional HTTP proxy password.|
|HTTP Proxy Port||String||Optional HTTP proxy port. Must be supplied if the HTTP Proxy Host is specified.|
|HTTP Proxy Username||String||Optional HTTP proxy user name.|
|Latest Build Count||String||The number of the builds to import. The default value is 1.|
|Maven Qualifier||String||The optional qualifier is appended to the file name after
the version number. Leave blank if not applicable.
|Password||Password||The password for the Maven-credentialed user.|
|Preserve Execute Permissions||Boolean||For Linux and UNIX operating systems, select this check box
to retain the execute permissions for each file.
|Repository URL||String||Base URL for the Maven repository.|
|User||String||The user name for the Maven-credentialed user.|
|Version Name Pattern||String||The range of build versions to import. Versions are defined
by regular expressions. For example, to import all 1.1.*, and 1.2.*
versions, you might type (1.[0-9]+).*. A number of versions that is equal
to the value in the Latest Build Count field is imported for each matching
version. This property is only necessary when tracking older branches.
|Snapshot version suffix||String||Optional: When above is a SNAPSHOT string to fetch a specific SNAPSHOT (e.g. 20181224.151710-4),
leave blank to default to the latest snapshot
|Specific version||String||Optional: The maven version or SNAPSHOT string to import (e.g. 1.0.1 or 1.0-SNAPSHOT),
leave blank for LATEST
|Version Description||String||An optional description to add to the versions that are
imported into UrbanCode Deploy.