IBM UrbanCode Build 6.1.4 continues to deliver a template-driven system to configure and run builds.
- Add support for Java 9, 10, and 11
- Upgrade Apache Tomcat to 8.5 series
- Upgrade Hibernate to 5.1 series
UrbanCode Build container images (Beta)
UrbanCode Build can now be run in containers. Docker container images for the server and agent are available for download.
This is a Beta feature.
User interface enhancements
- Add “Created By” column to the build life table of Codestation projects for improved traceability.
- The build life artifacts tab layout out has changed to improve user experience.
- Enhance the CSS styles in template tabs for Project, Process, Source, and Job.
Automatic keystore initialization (Beta)
Keystore files can now be automatically generated at server startup, based on the properties specified in the installed.properties file.
This is a Beta feature and disabled by default.
The following table list the APARs included in this release.
|PH01195||Fix “Value too large for column” error in TFS plugin due to insufficient column width in database|
The following are updates to the release based on various sources.
- Fix UI issue when filtering records in the process and source template tabs
- Fix ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in ProcessResource#getProjectTemplateProperties
- Properly display the validation failure message in error popup window when saving job config steps
- Fix persistence issue of Working Directory Offset field of plugin steps
- Add scrollbar to text area widgets if exceeding maximum height allowed, to avoid running over other elements
- Fix potential
Illegal Argument Exceptionerror when adding a new step to a job config template
To search for additional post-release issues that IBM Rational Support documented, visit the IBM Support portal.
Plan & Prepare
For supported platforms and requirements, see the reports that can be dynamically generated using the Software Product Compatibility Reports (SPCR) tool.
Note: Some supported plug-ins have system requirements that vary from the core product. Information on system requirements for individual plug-ins is available on the download page for that plug-in.
To get started quickly, IBM UrbanCode Build is shipped with an Apache Derby database. Apache Derby is not supported for production environments. As you plan your production topology, review the installation topics in the product documentation.
Install the server
This release is available for download from Passport Advantage, requiring authentication.
You have two options for incorporating this product into your environment:
- Setup the product containers into a container management environment of your choice, see the Running in container section in the product documentation.
- Use the traditional installation process where you use an installer program to install the server, see the Installing section in the product documentation.
For information on installing and managing licenses, see License Management
To learn more about IBM UrbanCode Build, see the documentation
For help installing or using IBM UrbanCode Build, contact support
To suggest an enhancement to the product, visit the RFE Community
For information from support, including FAQs, visit the IBM Support portal. You can configure the support portal to view information about specific products.